You are reading the article How To Set Up A Windows Pc For Senior Citizens updated in December 2023 on the website Moimoishop.com. We hope that the information we have shared is helpful to you. If you find the content interesting and meaningful, please share it with your friends and continue to follow and support us for the latest updates. Suggested January 2024 How To Set Up A Windows Pc For Senior Citizens
Windows 11/10 requires some new skills to use with ease, and those seniors who may have been used to Windows 7 or Windows XP would need to learn a few new tricks. If you are looking on how to configure Windows 11/10 for your elderly family members to carry out basic things like checking email, browsing and watching YouTube on a computer, then this guide offers some pointers on how to go about setting up a PC for the elderly.Set up a Windows 11/10 PC for senior citizens
Unlike young people, older adults find it hard to get accustomed to technology. It is difficult for seniors to keep in pace with technology and using Windows 10 can make things even more complicated. Setting up a computer for your elderly people requires your ideas and efforts. Fortunately, Windows provides a few ways that make the system easy for senior citizens which requires less work from elderly people, and keep every effort smooth over accessing the computer.
In this article, we outline some tips and tricks to set up a Windows 11/10 computer for senior citizens to ease their system accessibility and ensure that they have a trouble-free time using their Windows computer.
Install a good Antivirus
Change Ease of Access settings
Uninstall unwanted apps and disable unwanted programs from running in the background
Remove Preinstalled Bloatware
Set up an Internet connection
Install the necessary software
Update Windows 11/10 OS & the installed software & Device Drivers
Remove system password on wake up from sleep mode
Setup the Mouse Properties to show the location of a pointer
Install Open Shell.
Let us take a look at these suggestions in detail.1] Install a good Antivirus
While the default Windows Defender & Firewall are robust enough to protect your PC, some of you may want to consider installing a good free Internet Security Suite or a free Antivirus as it can prevent a system from getting attacked by harmful malware and offers several other protection modules. Since the software is free, there will not need to renew the subscriptions – which the elderly are likely to forget! It is recommended that you install an antivirus before handing over the computer to seniors. The anti-virus alerts the user with a pop-up message when the computer has an incoming threat. This data security utility ensures that an elderly can have a stress-free time browsing the internet, checking email, and watching YouTube.2] Change Ease of Access settings
Ease of Access oe Accessibility is a feature that provides an option to set up accessibility settings from the login screen. The seniors can make use of these features that help them to use the computer without a display using a narrator, magnify the content on the screen using a magnifier and use the keyboard to toggle sticky keys, Filter Keys, and on-screen keys. Additionally, it helps users to increase the font size, mouse pointer size, make the screen brighter, and turn on mouse keys to use the keypad.
You can also maximize and make effective use of Screen Real Estate if you wish.3] Uninstall unwanted apps & disable unwanted programs from running in the background
Ensure a trouble-free time for seniors while using a computer by saving the battery and data usage. To do this, all you need to do is, stop unwanted programs from running in the background.
Go to Settings and navigate to Privacy.
Turn off the toggle button for all the apps to prevent apps from running in the background.
You may also remove unwanted Startup programs.4] Remove Preinstalled Bloatware
If you are setting up a new Windows system for the elderly, it is recommended that you remove all the unnecessary preinstalled software also known as bloatware. Bloatware consumes a lot of memory space and RAM which can eventually slow down your system. Moreover, the numerous and unnecessary bloatware that are spread all over the place on your desktop can confuse the elderly while using the computer. You may use a Crapware Removal Tool.5] Set up an Internet connection
You need to set up an internet connection for the PC. Check if it is WiFi or Ethernet and proceed accordingly. Make them aware of some Online Safety Tips Guide for Seniors.6] Install the necessary software
You might want to consider installing 3rd party software – like maybe a browser like Firefox or Chrome, 7-Zip, Microsoft Office, VLC media player, an email client like Microsoft Outlook, Skype, etc.7] Update Windows OS & the installed software & Device Drivers
Installing the latest drivers on your PC is always a good idea if you are handing over your system to the elderly. Running the latest driver updates on your desktop makes your machine safe and ensures that your elderly have a trouble-free time using the computer. It is necessary to make sure that the hardware of your computer is compatible with the latest updates, as Outdated and faulty drivers can cause system lag, hardware, and software issues. That being said, performing a full driver update can solve all the problems with the device and boost the system performance.8] Remove system password on wake up from sleep mode
As part of the security measure, we usually set the system to ask for a password every time the computer wakes from sleep mode. This can cause confusion to older adults when the system displays a prompt for the password every time it resumes from sleep mode. To ease the use for the elderly, configure the options to remove the Sleep password so that one can directly login to Windows after exiting sleep mode.9] Setup Mouse Properties to show location of pointer on pressing CTRL Key
If your computer screen is large, it is quite possible that a mouse pointer can go missing. In cases like these, it is difficult for seniors to locate the pointer on the computer screen. Thankfully, Windows provide an option that will show the location of the cursor or pointer immediately on pressing CTRL key. Follow the below steps to activate this option.
Go to Pointer Options tab and select the option Show location of pointer when I press the CTRL key10] Install Open Shell
Use Open Shell. It is a free software that can help seniors to quickly access recently used files and applications. Using this software, one can customize the start menu with different styles. Additionally, it allows the user to search for documents and programs easily.
Anything we missed? Do share!
Read next: Basic Windows 11 tutorial & tips for beginners.
You're reading How To Set Up A Windows Pc For Senior Citizens
If you are interested in scaling your Shopify business, you will need to make adjustments based on data analytics and not assumptions.
Implementing Google Analytics will give you the information you need to make store optimizations that increase your search visibility, conversions, and revenue.
Implementing Google Analytics for your Shopify store may seem daunting but in this guide, you’ll find answers to these common questions and challenges:
What is Google Analytics?
How to Implement the Google Analytics Code on Your Shopify Site.
What to Track with Google Analytics.
Key Metrics to Know in Google Analytics.What Is Google Analytics?
Google Analytics is a free web analytics platform that websites can implement throughout their website to track a variety of metrics.
With Google Analytics properly implemented, you will be able to determine whether your campaigns were effective. You can see how many users interacted with your campaign, how many converted, and the total revenue generated through your efforts.
This essential data analytics platform will also enable you to see all of your marketing funnels in one place.Why Do I Need Google Analytics If I Already Have Shopify Analytics?
You may be thinking your Shopify Analytics platform offers all of the information you need to make an educated business decision.
But while this provides a general summary of how your store is performing, it does not give you all the information you need to make the best-informed business decisions.
Your Shopify Analytics dashboard can show you total sales, average order value, and conversion rate. It also has pre-built reports that require very little setup on your part.
This analytics source is convenient, but it does have some pretty impactful drawbacks.
For example, if you are looking to compare different traffic sources or what types of devices are commonly used when making a purchase, you will not be able to see this breakdown unless you use Google Analytics.
You can also use Google Analytics to identify how users engage with your site. If you discover your site is primarily visited through a mobile device, your team can begin to optimize your store’s UX experience for those end users.
Google Analytics is a little more difficult to use, but it is the best tool to give a robust overview of how customers interact with your online store.
You can gather information needed to segment your customers into more effective marketing funnels, and create marketing campaigns that scale with your business.
All of this information is free with Google Analytics. If you want to access more reports with Shopify, you will need to upgrade to a more costly plan.How To Implement The Google Analytics Code On Your Shopify Site
To help make this as simple as possible, we will break down the step-by-step process of implementing the Google Analytics code on your Shopify site.1. Create A Google Account For Your Business
You may already have a Gmail associated with your Shopify site, no worries, you can use this to access Google Analytics. If you do not have a pre-existing account, you will need to set up a free account to access Google Analytics.
It is not recommended to use your personal Gmail for your online store. Keeping them separate will help you manage access to your business information.2. Create An Analytics Account
Google has two different types of Analytics platforms, Universal Analytics and Google Analytics 4.
Universal Analytics is commonly referred to as the “old” Analytics.
Google Analytics 4 is the latest version, and it gives stores more detailed data analytics and cross-device measurement capabilities. Currently, Shopify does not support Google Analytics 4.
Until a change has been made, you will need to create a Universal Analytics account.
You can follow this guide to help you create your Universal Google Analytics account.3. Enable Google Analytics
Your Shopify site might already be enabled. Before you try to enable your code, double-check that it is not already enabled.
If you see a number code that begins with UA, your Google Analytics account is activated.
If you find one of these tags, it means your Analytics code has been enabled on your website.
If you have not enabled Google Analytics on your Shopify site, follow the steps below.How To Enable Google Analytics
Within Google Analytics
Login to your Google Analytics account using the Gmail account you created from previous steps.
Create your account and select your data sharing preferences.
Choose a Property name, time zone, and currency.
Select Advanced Options.
Create a Universal Analytics Property – Google Analytics 4 is selected by default but is not able to be used on Shopify. Make sure you select Universal Analytics to proceed.
Once you proceed, in the “About Your Business” section, you will need to select the appropriate settings for your store.
Accept Terms and Service Agreement.
Copy your Tracking ID – the number will start with UA.
Open your Shopify admin account.
Go to Online Store – Preferences
Next to Google Analytics, enter the Tracking ID you copied from our previous step.
Remember to remove password protection from your Shopify store. This will make sure Google Analytics will show data.
You did it! Google Analytics is now enabled on your Shopify site.How To Enable Ecommerce Tracking Codes
Enabling ecommerce tracking codes gives you more insight into your customer’s user experience.
You can use two different options of ecommerce tracking codes.
Basic Ecommerce Tracking
Track transaction and revenue data using a confirmation landing page.
How to enable basic ecommerce tracking in GA:
Open Google Analytics
Turn on the Enable Ecommerce button
Enhanced Ecommerce Tracking
Track every page a user visits before they make a purchase. This includes tracking a user as they peruse different product pages, tracking what is added to their cart, and whether or not they make a purchase or a return.
How to enable enhanced ecommerce tracking:
Open Shopify admin page.
Online Store → Preferences.
Open Google Analytics.
Turn on the Enhanced Ecommerce Tracking Button.What To Track With Google Analytics
Focusing on traffic is helpful, but it won’t give you enough info to make long-term meaningful optimizations for your business.
Making Google Analytics a beneficial tool requires that you to ask specific questions and compare analytics over different periods of time.
Here are some examples of the questions you should focus on answering using Google Analytics.
Who Are Your Best Customers?
Use Google Analytics as a tool to help you build buyer profiles that can influence how you manage your marketing campaigns to help maximize conversions.
Analyze Demographics, Interest, And Geographic Data
Access demographics by navigating to Audience → Demographics → Overview. This dashboard will help you identify what age group and gender of people most commonly convert on your website.
Likewise, if you notice a geographic region that does not convert, you can limit your spend in those areas.
How Do People Interact With Your Shopify Site?
You may have an ideal image in your head about how your users navigate and interact with your site. However, it’s entirely possible that your end users are not using your site the same way you imagined.
You can find a general overview of behavioral information by going to Behavior → Overview.
From here, you can drill down into site content and landing pages and see whether you have outstanding product pages or some that may require a bit of work.Key Metrics To Know In Google Analytics
Sessions: Interactions with your Shopify store during a specific period of time.
Page Views: The total number of page views on a certain page. Repeated page views are counted. So if you look at one product, navigate to another product for comparison and decide to come back to the first product page, it would count as three different page views.
Unique Page Views: The number of sessions during which the specific page was viewed at least once. Several visits to your product page A during the same session would count as one unique page view.
Average Time on Page: How long an end-user will stay on a webpage.
Revenue: Total revenue generated through the website.
Transactions: Number of purchases made.
Conversion Rate: Number of sessions that ended with a transaction.
Now that you’ve got everything set up and have a general understanding of the key metrics in GA, here’s a great guide on everything you need to know about Google Analytics for Shopify to help you get the most out of it.
This resource will help you truly understand the data in your account and use it to make more informed decisions to help you scale.
Featured image: Kaspars Grinvalds/Shutterstock
How to Set Up a Pokemon Showdown Private Server Follow the steps below to play Pokemon with your friends!
There’s not much you can do with Pokemon showdown offline.
With the new Friends feature in the Pokemon showdown, users can create a friends list.
However, to create a private space for you and your friends to battle, you need a private Pokemon showdown server.
True gamers use the best gaming browser: Opera GX
Opera GX is a special version of the famous Opera browser that is built specifically to fulfill gamer’s needs. Packed with unique features, Opera GX will help you get the most out of gaming and browsing everyday:
CPU, RAM and Network limiter with hot tab killer
Integrated with Twitch, Discord, Instagram, Twitter and Messengers directly
Built-in sound controls and custom music
Custom color themes by Razer Chroma and force dark pages
Free VPN and Ad blocker
Download Opera GX
Pokemon is a popular video game series by Game Freak. It is one of the oldest games in the series, and it’s been through several changes over time. It has features like the oddball RPG, fierce battles, characters, and legends. The game has millions of players following up from the start, which is amazing for such an old game.
Though the changes over time aren’t as interesting to some, the game is still one of the best in the market.
Pokemon Showdown is a battle simulator for Pokemon that allows you to play with a specific player or random players. We shall take you through how to set up your private server in this article.How do you do a private battle on Pokemon Showdown?
Doing a private battle on the Pokemon showdown means you want to challenge a particular player. It is a tool for competitive play. You can do this with these steps:
Can you friend in Pokemon Showdown?
You can also view your list of friends with the command /friendsHow can I create a private server in the Pokemon showdown? 1. Set up your server 2. Create an Administrator account
Create a file named config/usergroups.csv and it will contain USER,&
Change the USER to your Pokemon shutdown username.
This is how to set up your own Pokemon Showdown server. However, your computer will be the server computer that others will connect to via port forwarding.Can you play Pokémon showdown offline?
Pokemon Showdown is a simulator that allows you to battle with other players. However, there isn’t much you can do with Showdown without an internet connection.
It is because you need to play with others through an online connection, and there’s no way this can be possible offline. So, to use showdown, you need to be online to add opponents.
Games like Pokémon are fun to play. They have many features that you can enjoy. Also, Pokémon showdown makes it even better because you can set up battles with friends and specific players. Furthermore, there are Pokémon browser games that you can access on your browsers.
More so, you can learn about the best Pokémon Go emulators for PC and how to use them.
Still experiencing issues?
Was this page helpful?
Start a conversation
A proxy server acts as an intermediary for clients that are requesting resources from a server, such as a file or website.
When you set up a Tor proxy server, all of your traffic gets redirected via the Tor network. Every packet of data that you send via Tor is encrypted and decrypted multiple times and redirected through several relays that are randomly selected from the thousands of relays that make up the Tor network. This way, you can conceal your location and activity from anyone who may be watching the network. This includes concealing the websites you visit, the messages you send, and any posts you make.
Many people access Tor via the free Tor browser, but this requires you to set up the browser on every single device where you access the Internet. If you want to use the Tor network across all your devices or surf the Web anonymously using your existing web browser, then it’s often easier to simply set up a Tor proxy server, which is what you will learn in this tutorial.What you’ll need
To complete this tutorial, you’ll need:
Raspberry Pi that’s running Raspberry Pi OS
Power cable that’s compatible with your Raspberry Pi.
External keyboard and a way to attach it to your Raspberry Pi
HDMI or micro HDMI cable, depending on your model of Raspberry Pi
Ethernet cable if not connecting over Wi-FiGetting started: set up your Raspberry Pi
To start, connect all the peripherals to your Raspberry Pi.
Before you begin, it’s a good idea to check that you’re running the latest version of Raspberry Pi OS. Open the Terminal and type the following command:
If it does install one or more updates, then reboot your Raspberry Pi by running the following command:
sudoreboot Install Tor on your Raspberry Pi
You can install Tor using a single Terminal command:
You’ll now have two new services running on your Raspberry Pi: tor.service and [email protected].
The “tor” service is merely a dummy service that only appears active. To check that the real tor@default service is running, use the following Terminal command:
sudosystemctl status tor
If the Terminal returns an “active” message, you’re ready to move on to the next step.Configure your Tor proxy server
Set up your proxy server by making some changes to Tor’s configuration file. Before editing this “torr” file, it’s a good idea to create a backup:
Now that you have a backup, create a simple configuration that’ll expose the Tor Socks proxy service on port 9050 and accept connections from the local LAN.
To open the “torr” configuration file for editing, run the following command:
This file will now launch in the Nano text editor. First, specify the “SocksPort,” which is the IP address of your Raspberry Pi. You can retrieve this information by running the following Terminal command:
Take this IP address and add the port number :9050. For example, if the Raspberry Pi’s IP address is 192.168.1.111, then add the following to the Torr configuration file:SocksPort 192.168.1.111:
Add the following to the Nano text editor, making sure to replace “SocksPort” with your own value:SocksPort 192.168.1.100:
9050SocksPolicy accept 192.168.1.0
Once you’ve made the changes, save the file by pressing the Ctrl + O and Ctrl + X to close.
To restart the Tor service with your new configuration, run the following command:
sudosystemctl restart tor
@default.service Connect to your Tor proxy from any web browser
In this final section, you’ll learn how to connect to your Raspberry Pi server, using all the major web browsers.
Note that you’ll typically connect to your Raspberry Pi using its IP address. You can retrieve this information at any point by running hostname -I in the Raspberry Pi Terminal.Mozilla Firefox
Let’s start by configuring Firefox to use your Socks proxy server:
1. In Firefox’s upper-right corner, select the three-line icon.
2. Select “Preferences.”
3. In the menu on the left, select “General.”
5. In the subsequent “Connection Settings” window, select the “Manual proxy configuration” checkbox.
6. In the “SOCKS Host” field, enter the IP address of your Raspberry Pi.
7. In “Port,” enter “9050.”
8. Make sure the “SOCKS v5” checkbox is selected.
Close and relaunch Firefox – it should now be using the Tor network!Google Chrome (and other Chromium-based browsers)
Are you using Chrome? To point Google Chrome in the direction of your proxy server:
1. In Chrome’s upper-right corner, select the three-dot icon.
2. Select “Settings.”
4. Select “Open your computer’s proxy settings.”
The next steps will vary, depending on your operating system.
Select “SOCKS Proxy.”
Close and then relaunch Chrome. When it relaunches, it should already be using the Tor network.
If you’re on a Windows PC, then Google Chrome should have launched the “Internet Options” window. In this window:
Relaunch Google Chrome. It should now be communicating with your Tor proxy server.Apple Safari
If you’re using Apple’s Safari browser, then:
2. Select the “Advanced” tab.
3. Find “Proxies” and select its accompanying “Change Settings … ” button.
4. In the menu on the left, select “SOCKS Proxy.”
5. In “SOCKS Proxy Server,” enter the IP address of your Raspberry Pi.
6. In the accompanying text field, enter the port number “9050.”
Don’t forget to relaunch Safari!Are you really using Tor?
If you’ve followed the instructions in this article, then you should now be using the Tor network – but it never hurts to check! In the web browser that you’ve configured to use Tor, head over to the Tor website.
If you see the above message, then congratulations – you’re successfully routing all of your traffic via Tor!
You have learned in this tutorial how to transform a Raspberry Pi into a Tor proxy server. If you find this too complicated, you can install Tor browser on your USB drive and bring it wherever you go. Alternatively you can make Tor faster with these tips.
Jessica Thornsby is a technical writer based in Derbyshire, UK. When she isn’t obsessing over all things tech, she enjoys researching her family tree, and spending far too much time with her house rabbits.
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Our latest tutorials delivered straight to your inbox
Sign up for all newsletters.
Read more: Best Chromecast apps for Android
Currently, Chromecast supports Android and iOS platforms. In this article, we will show you how to set up your new Chromecast, no matter what supported operating system you own, so you can start enjoying the streaming benefits of this device. The setup is mostly the same for all Chromecast models.
Google Chromecast (3rd Generation)
Streaming on the cheap
This third-gen Google Chromecast deal for Black Friday 2023 is one of the best streaming deals we could find this season. At just $19, the Chromecast will be a perfect stocking stuffer or backup streaming device for your home.
See price at Amazon
See price at Walmart
See price at Home Depot
THE SHORT ANSWER
The Chromecast setup requires an iOS or Android mobile device with the Google Home app installed. Connect the Chromecast to your TV, open the Google Home app, and follow the on screen instructions to get the Chromecast working on your television.
Set up Chromecast with Android devices
Set up Chromecast with iOS devices
How to set up Chromecast for Android phones and tablets
1. Turn on your TV. If you own a regular Chromecast, connect it to your TV’s HDMI port, and connect its power cord to an available USB port on your TV. If one is not available, connect the Chromecast to your nearest power outlet with the included cable. If you own a Chromecast Ultra, connect it to your TV’s HDMI port, and connect its charging cord to a power outlet (it will not work with any USB cable or port). You can also connect the Chromecast Ultra to a nearby Ethernet port if you want a wired internet connection.
2. Download and install the Google Home app on your Android phone or tablet.
3. Open the Google Home app and tap on the Get Started option. You will then be asked to confirm which Google Account you want to use for the Chromecast. If you don’t have a Google Account, you will need one before you can continue.
4. You will have to give your Android device permission to use location services and access so it can find your Chromecast. If this is ready, tap on OK to continue.
5. The app will then scan the area to find your Chromecast. When it does, tap on Next. If you have more than one nearby Chromecast in your home, the app will show a list of them. Just tap on the device you want to set up, and then tap Next.
6. When the Google Home app detects your Chromecast, tap Next. If you have more than one nearby Chromecast in your home, the app will show a list of them. Just tap on the device you want to set up, and then tap Next.
7. The TV Chromecast is connected to should then display a unique code. If you see it, tap on Yes. If you don’t, your phone or tablet may not be close enough to the Chromecast. Move in a bit closer, tap on Try again, then tap on Scan for devices to repeat the previous process.
8. It will ask if you want to share your Chromecast’s stats, along with any crash reports, with Google. You can either tap Yes, I’m in or No thanks to this selection.
9. Some users may be asked which region of the world they are located in. If this shows up in the setup on the Google Home app, go to the region list, then tap on the region you’re in, and then tap Continue.
10. You will then be asked which room the Chromecast is located in your home from a list. Tap on it and then tap Next. If you want to create your own room name, tap on Add custom room, type in the name of that room, and then tap Next.
11. If you are connecting your Chromecast to your Wi-Fi network, choose the network on the Google Home app you want to connect to and then type Next. If you are connecting your Chromecast Ultra via the wired Ethernet connection, you can skip this step and the next one.
12. If your Android phone or tablet uses Android 5.0 Lollipop or above, your home Wi-Fi network’s password should automatically fill in the password field in the Google Home app when you tap OK. If this happens, tap on Connect next to complete the process. You can also choose the Enter manually option, and you can type in your Wi-Fi network password on your own, and tap Connect.
13. The app will then ask you to link the Chromecast to your Google Account for a more personalized experience. Just tap Continue on this page.
14. The Google Home app will show you a summary of what you have set up, and you will be given options to sign up for email updates, view a video tutorial on how to cast, and an option on how to set up other functionality. All of these are optional, however, and are not needed to complete the Chromecast setup.
15. That’s it: you are done and ready to stream, mirror, and cast with your Android phone or tablet.
Read more: Best Chromecast apps for Android
How to set up Chromecast for iOS (iPhone and iPad)
1. Turn on your TV. If you own a regular Chromecast, connect it to your TV’s HDMI port, and then connect its power cord to an available USB port on your TV. If one is not available, connect the Chromecast to your nearest power outlet with the included cable. If you own a Chromecast Ultra, connect it to your TV’s HDMI port, and then connect its charging cord to a power outlet (it will not work with any USB cable or port). You can also connect the Chromecast Ultra to a nearby Ethernet port if you want a wired internet connection.
2. Download and install the Google Home app on your iPhone or iPad.
3. Open the Google Home app and tap the Get Started option. It will ask you to confirm which Google Account you want to use for the Chromecast. If you don’t have a Google Account, you will need one before you can continue.
4. The Google Home app will want to use your iPhone or iPad’s Bluetooth support for the next step. If Bluetooth is turned on already, skip this step. If it is turned off, or if you don’t want to use Bluetooth, you can tap on No thanks. Then tap on the Home button on your device, go into the Settings section and tap Wi-Fi. Connect to the same Wi-Fi network as your Chromecast device. Go back to the Google Home app, and it should detect the Chromecast.
5. The app will then scan the area to find your Chromecast. When it does, tap on Next. If you have more than one nearby Chromecast in your home, the app will show a list of them. Just tap on the device you want to set up, and then tap Next.
6. The TV the Chromecast is connected to should then display a unique code. If you see it, tap on Yes. If you don’t, your phone or tablet may not be close enough to the Chromecast. Move in a bit closer, tap Try again, then tap on Scan for devices to repeat the previous process.
7. It will ask if you want to share your Chromecast’s stats, along with any crash reports, with Google. You can either tap Yes, I’m in or No thanks to this selection.
8. Some users may be asked which region of the world they are located in. If this shows up in the setup on the Google Home app, go to the region list, then tap on the region where you are located, and then tap Continue.
9. You will then be asked which room the Chromecast is located in your home from a list. Tap on it and then tap Next. If you want to create your own room name, tap on Add custom room, type in the name of that room, and then tap Next.
10. If you are connecting your Chromecast to your Wi-Fi network, choose the network on the Google Home app you want to connect to and then type Next. If you are connecting your Chromecast Ultra via the wired Ethernet connection, you can skip this step and the next one.
11. You can type in your Wi-Fi network password on your own in the app, and then tap Connect.
12. The app will then ask you to link the Chromecast to your Google Account for a more personalized experience. Just tap Continue on this page.
13. The Google Home app will show you a summary of what you have set up, with options to sign up for email updates, view a video tutorial on how to cast, and an option on how to set up other functionality. None of these are needed to complete the Chromecast setup.
14. That’s it: the Chromecast setup procedure is completed, so you are now ready to stream and cast with your iPhone or iPad.
Read more: Things you didn’t know you could do with Chromecast
It used to be that there was a Chromecast setup procedure on a Windows or Mac PC. Unfortunately, according to a support document update, Google has gotten rid of that support. In other words, you have to have an Android or iOS device to set up a Chromecast. We will update this article if Google reverses this move and adds a way to set up a Chromecast via a PC.
Windows 11 File History: How to Enable, Disable or Set up File History backs up your user folder libraries
You can save automatic backup copies of your user files to external storage by enabling Windows 11’s File History feature.
Configure File History settings via the Control Panel to turn on this useful backup feature.
Alternatively, you can enable or disable File History via the Group Policy Editor.
INSTALL BY CLICKING THE DOWNLOAD FILE
Fix Windows 11 OS errors with Fortect:
This tool repairs common computer errors by replacing the problematic system files with the initial working versions. It also keeps you away from system errors, BSoDs, and repairs damages made by malware and viruses. Fix PC issues and remove viruses damage now in 3 easy steps:
Download and Install Fortect on your PC
Launch the tool and Start scanning to find broken files that are causing the problems
Fortect has been downloaded by
readers this month.
File History is a powerful backup feature in Windows 11. To be more precise, it is an automatic backup feature that will back up your user folder libraries to a selected external USB storage device. It also keeps a history of file versions for users.
With File History enabled, you’ll have alternative backup versions of your files available. Then you can select to restore previous versions of files preserved by the File History feature.
Although you’ll probably rarely need to restore backup versions of files, it’s a good idea to keep backup copies for them with File History, just in case.
You can enable and disable File History with the methods outlined in the text below.Is File History a new Windows 11 feature, and where can I find it?
File History isn’t something new in Windows 11. Microsoft originally introduced File History in Windows 8 as an alternative to Backup and Restore. It’s a better utility for backing up user folders than Backup and Restore.
However, some users have been a little confused by the absence of File History options in Windows 11’s redesigned Settings app. Windows 10 includes options for enabling and configuring File History via Settings, which isn’t available in 11.
The only backup options you can configure in Windows 11’s Settings app are for OneDrive. You can set up the OneDrive folder syncing via Accounts, then Windows backup in Settings. That cloud sync feature backs up folders and files to OneDrive.
Don’t worry, File History still exists in Windows 11! However, you’ll need to activate that legacy feature via the Control Panel now. Alternatively, you can also enable and disable it with the two other methods below.How can I turn on Network Discovery for File History?
Keep in mind that you’ll need to have Network Discovery enabled in order to utilize File History in Windows 11.
If it’s not enabled, File History’s Turn on button will be grayed out in the Control Panel. This is how you can turn on Network Discovery in Windows 11:How can I turn on and off File History in Windows 11? 1. Use the Control Panel
1. Open Windows 11’s search box by pressing the magnifying glass taskbar button on your desktop. Alternatively, you can press the Windows key on your keyboard.
2. Type the word File History within the search box.
3. Select File History from the results to open the Control Panel applet.
6. To select an external drive to back up files on, insert a USB storage device in your PC.
8. Press the OK button to confirm your chosen storage device.2. Use the Group Policy Editor
Group Policy Editor is not available in Windows 11 Home edition. You can utilize Group Policy Editor within the Pro and Enterprise editions of the platform.3. Edit the registry What can I do if File History doesn’t work?
If File History still doesn’t work with Network Discovery enabled, make sure that Network Discovery stays on as it should.
Even more, the service for that feature might be disabled. Thus, the solution might be to enable the File History Service. You can check that service as follows:How can I restore my files with File History?
When File History has preserved some backup copies, you can restore previous file versions any time you fancy. To do so, open the File History Control Panel applet as outlined within the first three steps of the first resolution for activating the backup feature.
Although there are plenty of third-party backup utilities for Windows, File History is perfectly sufficient for preserving copies of user files. It’s a convenient feature that will automatically back up your user folders at specified intervals.
Don’t think you won’t ever need backup file copies. There are all sorts of ways user files can become corrupted or get accidentally deleted. So, it might be better to be safe than sorry by enabling and utilizing File History in Windows 11.
Was this page helpful?
Start a conversation
Update the detailed information about How To Set Up A Windows Pc For Senior Citizens on the Moimoishop.com website. We hope the article's content will meet your needs, and we will regularly update the information to provide you with the fastest and most accurate information. Have a great day!